Simple thoughts for simple times.

Friday, February 01, 2008

So How About That Election?

I was right about TimesSelect (although my date was off) and wrong about the PS3. Did I ever care?




So how about that election?
For me the election is not about who says s/he's going to do what, and how. It's clear elections have become these sophisticated, vote-getting machines that Tammany Hall could only dream of! So how can we believe that the "issues" of the election are anything the candidates "believe" in? It's a reaction to poll numbers, per target audience, plain and simple.

To me, at this point, it's more about who's going to be the least hypocritical. This country's got some serious healing to do. So who's going to lead us there? It ain't about health care, or the economy, or the war, or anything else they shove down your throat to get your vote; it's about getting past this "hate your neighbor" politics and getting back to being a sane country again. It's about getting over W.

So I'm voting for Obama. The only one preaching the politics of unity. As simple as that. Tonight's debate might change my mind, but I doubt it!

And when will Hillary explain her vote on the war? "Misled by false intelligence?" That leads me to believe not much more than that she's either not terribly bright (unlikely) or that she lacks integrity (more likely).

No comments: